How to Wear Black Nail Polish
We have unlocked the appeal and the best styling tips on how to wear black nail polish all in this article.
Black is a nail color that goes with everything. It has become a staple color in wardrobes and is now a staple in nail polish sets. Our products are also vegan and cruelty-free so everyone can wear and enjoy our black nail polish.
We all know that punk and heavy-metal bands claimed black nail polish as part of their look to appear different from mainstream artists. Now, many people are taking the risk and wearing it as a classic nail polish color.
What This Article Covers:
How to Use Black Nail Polish
There are many ways you can transform a black manicure and pedicure that will take your style in a different direction.
If you are not up for an all-black look, try a marble effect or ombre to ease you into it. You can also add it as an accent color or redefine the classic white french tip to a black one. The white nail polish does look good, but a black tip adds a daring touch.
There are no limits to a manicure and pedicure. People are adding rhinestones and more to their nails. Another way to add charm to your manicure is by using black as your base coat and adding a glitter topcoat.
The key is to choose a black nail art design that compliments your personality and style.
Styling Black Nail Polish
We have already established that black is a daring color, and for this reason, it can often make or break your look.
Firstly, do not mix up different styles. Goth and punk are very different from elegant and glamorous. Combining these styles can look confusing.
Goth style is known for pale makeup and dark accents, such as black nails and black lipstick. It is a heavy, all-over black look that is not for the faint-hearted. A plain black nail polish manicure suits this style, or you can add spiky studs and skulls for an added flare.
The grunge style is also an edgy look that many today still pull off. It is loose and thrifted clothes aimed at mirroring punk and rock bands. Plaid shirts and band tees are needed to pull off this style. Like the gothic style, a plain black manicure is perfect. For an extra touch of accuracy, sport a chipped manicure.
An elegant look needs to be as simple as possible because your nails are the main event. To achieve an elegant look, you need to know how to style the elements in your outfit.
Keep your makeup and jewelry as simple as possible because too many bold elements are distracting. Your outfit should be cohesive, so try and match your nail polish to your shoe and your bag. Make sure that your manicure is fresh and crisp and that you are happy with the result. You might find it helpful to consider our Liquid Vinyl to do so.
Tips For Wearing Black Nail Polish
We have established many things up to this point. All that is left is to leave you with some tips for wearing black nail polish.
- Invest in a good base coat and top coat to lock in the freshness of your manicure and pedicure. You want your manicure to last a long time while maintaining that clean look.
- Correct the chipping in your manicure as soon as possible, unless you are aiming for the grunge look.
- When matching the nail polish to your clothes, aim for a complimenting color. Remember that your nails are an accessory, not part of your clothing items.
- A plain black manicure looks best on short manicured nails, so stray away from over-the-top designs. Those designs work best for longer nails.
- Remember to moisturize your hand more when wearing black nail polish. The imperfections on your hand and nails are more noticeable because of the dark color.
- Wear simple jewelry at all times. Do not wear numerous rings and bracelets as well because this takes away from the manicure.
- Be as creative as you want with black nail polish. You are wearing the color for yourself, not for anyone else.
The Appeal of Black Nail Polish
There are many ways to describe black nail polish. From grungy to elegant, and everything in between. We suppose that is why the appeal is so alluring.
Black nail polish is known for being edgy and bold. It can round off a punk look or elevate your evening gown by giving it a mysterious edge.
Being creative with black nail polish is not a difficult job. The appeal is the energy that the color adds to you and your look. The confidence that black nail polish can give you is addicting, and that is why it is so popular.
Did you enjoy reading our blog? Then consider checking other guides:
- What Color Nail Polish with Royal Blue Dress
- What Color Nail Polish with Red Dress and Black Shoes
- What Color Nail Polish with Orange Dress
- What Color Nail Polish Goes with a Black Dress for a Formal Event?
- Nail Polish for Redheads
- What Does Black Nail Polish Mean?
- Why Do Guys Wear Black Nail Polish?
- Black Nail Polish on Ring Finger
- Mood Nail Polish Color Meanings
- What Color Nail Polish Do Guys Like
- What Does Your Nail Polish Say About You?
- Do Guys Like Red Nail Polish
- Best Nail Strengthener Polish
- What Color Nail Polish Makes Your Fingers Look Skinnier
- Benefits of Nail Polish