Is Red Nail Polish Professional?
To make a major statement with your nails, a red shade is a surefire way to stand out amongst the crowds. But if you are looking for a shade that is suitable for work, is red nail polish the color to pick?
Appearing professional and classy in the workplace is a big priority for most, as your appearance is often judged before your words, actions, or work. Nails might seem like a small detail, but they may be the first thing people notice when you stick out your hand for a handshake, or you speak expressively in a presentation.
We take a deeper look at whether red nail polish is professional and appropriate for the workplace.
What This Article Covers:
- Is Red Nail Polish a Professional Shade?
- What Shade of Red is Best for the Workplace?
- How to Keep Red Nails Tidy for the Office
Is Red Nail Polish a Professional Shade?
If you are wondering if red nail polish is a professional shade, the answer is a resounding yes. There is often the question of whether red nail polish is classy, but it has proven time and time again to be an elegant choice.
As long as your nails are neat, without chips or smudges to the polish, red can be a great option for the workplace.
Many people wonder if red nail polish is out of style, which is simply not the case. Red is a bold color, which can work in your favor because it indicates that you are confident in yourself, strong, and willful, which are all excellent qualities to have in the workplace.
It can also assert your position as a leader, and not only boost your confidence, but garner the confidence of those around you.
What Shade of Red is Best for the Workplace?
While red may be a brighter option, it is still considered a classic color. However, you can choose between various shades of red - and some may be considered more classically professional than others.
The various shades can also tell a lot about a person when looking at what red nail polish means.
The classic red color is on the brighter side, but can still look professional in the workplace. It blends well with most outfit colors and gives off a sophisticated look while still being quite fun and exciting.
A darker shade of red is a great, subtle option for the workplace. Maroon shades are lovely and flattering to almost every skin tone.
If you work in a more creative space that encourages you to express yourself through the way you dress, why not go glittery? A shimmery red is a wonderful way to elevate your everyday look.
How to Keep Red Nails Tidy for the Office
No matter the shade you opt for, chipped nails will diminish your overall look.
To ensure that your nails look freshly manicured at all times, do the following:
- Add a clear top coat polish to prevent any chips or scratches.
- Start with a base coat to prevent any staining on your nails from direct contact with the color when you remove red nail polish.
- Keep a bottle of the color you have on your nails in your handbag or your office desk, so you have it on hand for a quick emergency fix-up at any given time.
Keep your nails trimmed and filed using a buffer file.
Did you enjoy reading our blog? Then consider checking other guides:
- Nail Polish for Job Interview
- What Color Nail Polish Should I Wear?
- Mood Nail Polish Color Meanings
- What Does Your Nail Polish Say About You?
- What Color Nail Polish Goes with Everything
- What Color Nail Polish with Red Dress and Black Shoes
- Which Nail Polish Matches the Shoe?
- What Color Nail Polish Goes with a Black Dress for a Formal Event?
- Best Natural Color Nail Polish
- Best Spring Nail Polish Colors
- Best Fall Nail Polish
- Summer Nail Polish Colors
- Best Nail Polish Colours for Pale Skin
- Best Nail Polish Colors for Darker Skin
- What Color Nail Polish Makes Your Fingers Look Slim